Sunday, July 04, 2021

Shame of our Silence

Read:  Psalm 83 / Proverbs 4 / Deut. 32 / 1 John 2

 

Psalm 83:1,18 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still… that men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Proverbs 4:11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

Deuteronomy 32:1,3 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth… I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

 

Is this a time to hold our peace?

Shall not our silence be our shame?

Let not our proclamation cease

That magnifies our Savior’s name! 

 

Let us declare our liberation

By Christ our Hero from above

Who died and rose for our salvation;

Let all the earth behold His love!  

 


No comments: