Thursday, July 08, 2021

Reflecting on Rahab

Read:  Psalm 87 / Proverbs 8 / Joshua 2 / 2 John

 

Psalm 87:3,4 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah. I will make mention of Rahab.

Proverbs 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Joshua 2:1 Joshua… sent out… two men to spy secretly, saying, Go view the land, even Jericho. And they went, and came into an harlot's house, named Rahab, and lodged there.

2 John 8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

 

Though Rahab, in the psalmist’s sentence,

Referred to Egypt as a nation,

This name reflects the true repentance

Of one who sought and found salvation. 

 

Thus, Rahab may refer to wrath

Or to salvation from the Lord. 

Look to yourselves and to your path,

That you may have Christ’s full reward!  

 


No comments: