Friday, July 30, 2021

Praise of the Poor

Read:  Psalm 109 / Proverbs 30 / Joshua 24 / Revelation 20

 

Psalm 109:30,31 I will greatly praise the LORD… For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Joshua 24:14,15 Fear the LORD… serve him in sincerity and in truth… as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.  

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

 

I see the place where Jesus stands:

He’s at the right hand of the poor.

In my defense, He shows His hands; 

He does not need to argue more. 

 

I am the poor man He defends! 

I’ll serve Him with sincerity.

I am the sinner He befriends! 

I’ll praise my Lord eternally.  

 


No comments: