Monday, July 12, 2021

Looking at our Love

Read:  Psalm 91 / Proverbs 12 / Joshua 6 / Revelation 2 

 

Psalm 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

Proverbs 12:5,26 The thoughts of the righteous are right… The righteous is more excellent than his neighbor: but the way of the wicked seduceth them.

Joshua 6:18 And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed.

Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

 

Our love is rightly set on Christ

Who rescued us from our destruction,

And yet we still may be enticed

By things that lead to our seduction. 

 

The Lord commands us to be wise

And keep ourselves from things accursed.

We are before His searching eyes;

Do we still love Him as at first? 

 


No comments: