Thursday, October 15, 2020

Purifying Purpose

Read:  Psalm 141 / Proverbs 15 / Daniel 1 / 2 Peter 2 

 

Psalm 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honor is humility.

Daniel 1:8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor… wine.

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

 

God sets a watch both night and day

To guide my heart in every thought

And guard my mouth in all I say

As by the fear of God I’m taught.

 

As Daniel purposed in his heart

To live a life of purity,

I’ll trust my Savior to impart

His purifying grace in me.  

 

 

No comments: