Monday, October 05, 2020

Heart Not Haughty Now

Read:  Psalm 131 / Proverbs 5 / Ezekiel 39 / James 2


Psalm 131:1 LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Proverbs 5:7,9 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth… lest thou give thine honor unto others, and thy years unto the cruel.

Ezekiel 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; NOW will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name.

James 2:22,23 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled… Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

 

I will not lift a lofty eye.

My heart shall not be haughty now.

There are great matters far too high

For me to know God will allow. 

 

The Lord has seen the larger plan,

Far greater than I comprehend. 

I’ll trust the Lord instead of man

Like Abraham, who was His friend. 

 

 

No comments: