Saturday, October 17, 2020

Faithful Friend

Read:  Psalm 143 / Proverbs 17 / Daniel 3 / 1 John 1

 

Psalm 143:1 Hear my prayer, O LORD… in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Daniel 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive…  and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

 

In faithfulness God answered me;

In righteousness He saved my soul. 

He saw me in adversity

And paid my ransom then in full.

 

The Son of God endured the fire

With love I cannot comprehend. 

How rightly is my heart’s desire

Now set on Christ, my faithful Friend. 

 

 

No comments: