Sunday, August 02, 2020

Solace in our Separation

Read:  Psalm 88 / Proverbs 02 / Jeremiah 32 / 2 Cor. 6

 

Psalm 88:18 Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, and mine acquaintance into darkness.

Proverbs 2:20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

Jeremiah 32:37,39 I will gather them out of all countries… And they shall be my people, and I will be their God: and I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me forever, for the good of them, and of their children after them.

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

There is a solace that we find

When we have rightly understood

Our separations called to mind:

The Lord ordained them for our good.

 

The Lord has called us to discern

That separation brings reward

When we are thereby called to turn

With more devotion to the Lord.  



No comments: