Saturday, August 15, 2020

Singing and Sowing

Read:  Psalm 101 / Proverbs 15 / Jeremiah 45 / Gal. 6

 

Psalm 101:1-4 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD… I will behave myself wisely… will set no wicked thing before mine eyes… A froward heart shall depart from me.

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Jeremiah 45:5 Seekest thou great things for thyself? Seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey. 

Galatians 6:8 He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.


Of grace and judgment I will sing,

And in my house, I will be wise. 

I will not set a wicked thing

Before my heart, my ears, or eyes. 

 

I will not seek the fleeting pleasure

Of things that cannot quench my thirst.

I'll sow to reap eternal treasure;

I’ll love the Lord who has loved me first!  

 


No comments: