Saturday, August 22, 2020

Fixed Faith

Read:  Psalm 108 / Proverbs 22 / Jeremiah 52 / Php. 1

 

Psalm 108:1 O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.

Proverbs 22:19-21 That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee… excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer.

Jeremiah 52:33 [He] changed his prison garments: and he did continually eat bread before him all the days of his life.

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

 

Unstable faith is surely vain

With doubt and indecision mixed. 

To live is Christ!  To die is gain! 

Let now my heart on God be fixed! 

 

Let prison garments now be changed,

And daily let me hear His voice.

This is the privilege Christ arranged,

For at His table I rejoice!  

 


No comments: