Sunday, August 23, 2020

Praise for His Passion

Read:  Psalm 109 / Proverbs 23 / Lamentations 1 / Php. 2

 

Psalm 109:3-5 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer. And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

Proverbs 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Lamentations 1:12 Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow.

Philippians 2:8 Being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto… the death of the cross.

 

I hear the words of bitter hate

Against my Lord who came in love.

The gulf my Savior bridged was great

That brought salvation from above.

 

As I observe my Savior’s ways

And listen to His prayer of passion,

My heart is filled with grateful praise

For love that saved me in this fashion!  

 

 

No comments: