Thursday, November 02, 2017

Servants of our Savior


"I am Thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know Thy testimonies" (Psalm 119:125).  "My son, if thou wilt receive My words, and hide My commandments with thee… then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God… That thou mayest walk in the way of good men" (Proverbs 2:1,5,20).  "They had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.  And He sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all" (Mark 9:34,35). 

We are the servants of our Savior,
And He will give us understanding
That we may show by our behavior
A heart that follows His commanding. 

His servants walk in godly fear
With understanding that God gives
By words of truth that He makes clear
To show us how a servant lives. 

Beware of foolish disputation
That contemplates who may be greater. 
Remember Christ's humiliation
When He became our Mediator.

O Lord our Savior, You have shown,
By Your example that we see,
The way Your servants shall be known:  
They walk in Your humility.  


No comments: