Friday, November 03, 2017

Fearful Famine


"I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:131).  "My son, forget not My law; but let thine heart keep My commandments" (Proverbs 3:1).  "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD" (Amos 8:11).  "Who then can be saved?  And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible" (Mark 10:26,27). 

I thirsted for God's revelation;
I longed to hear the Lord's commands. 
He showed to me His great salvation
With evidence on which it stands. 

The Word of God by rebels scorned
Is hidden from their darkened heart.   
The Lord instructs me and has warned
To keep His words and not depart. 

There is no famine so severe
As the removal of God's Word,
No greater loss that men should fear
Than Gospel truth no longer heard. 

O Lord, how fearfully depraved
Are hearts despising what is true,
Yet in this famine, souls are saved,
For nothing is too hard for You!  


No comments: