Thursday, November 09, 2017

Preach to Passengers


"In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and He heard me.  Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue" (Psalm 120:1,2).  "Passengers… go right on their ways… Whoso is simple… knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell" (Proverbs 9:15-18).  "Then said the LORD… Should not I spare… persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand?" (Jonah 4:4,11).  "He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). 

We all are passengers at last
Continuing relentlessly
Until our fleeting days have passed
And we have reached eternity. 

I cried to God in my distress,
For no one cared among my friends
That each day dawned as one day less  
To find the truth before life ends. 

I thank the Lord who heard my prayer
Amid those who could not discern
That Jesus died so He might spare
All those who humbly to Him turn. 

O Lord, to passengers we call
While You command us now to preach
The Gospel that You send to all,
Since You have paid the price for each.  


No comments: