Monday, November 27, 2017

Prophetic Prudence


"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me: Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me.  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me" (Psalm 138:7,8).  "A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished" (Proverbs 27:12).  "The Desire of all nations shall come" (Haggai 2:7).  "All things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished" (Luke 18:31). 

Beyond the trouble I can see
The hand of God with His protection; 
I see His workmanship in me
That He is bringing to perfection. 

A prudent person sees the place
Where God will hide us from His wrath. 
In Christ alone is saving grace,
But fools will choose destruction's path. 

The prudent one is looking higher,
Above the things of fleeting worth,  
For Christ shall come as the Desire
Of all the nations of the earth. 

Lord, thank You for prophetic light
That gives me prudence to pursue
A life that's pleasing in Your sight
With Your soon coming now in view.  


No comments: