Saturday, November 04, 2017

Faith's Foundation


"Righteous art Thou, O LORD, and upright are Thy judgments.  Thy testimonies that Thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful…. Thy Word is very pure: therefore Thy servant loveth it.  I am small and despised: yet do not I forget Thy precepts" (Psalm  119:137-141).  "My son, attend to My words… and let all thy ways be established" (Proverbs 4:20,26).  "The Lord GOD of hosts is He that toucheth the land, and it shall melt…The LORD is His name" (Amos 9:5,6).  "Jesus… saith… Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22).   

The promises of God endure,
Though I am small and am despised,
For still His Word is very pure
No matter what His foes devised.

My Lord has told me to attend
To all the things He said to do. 
No path is safer in the end;
No goal is wiser to pursue. 

The wrath of God shall soon be felt
When Christ against His foes shall stand.
He'll touch the earth and it shall melt
When nations bow at His command. 

O Lord, how strong is faith's foundation,
Since "faith in God" can never fail. 
Though in this world there's tribulation,
The gates of hell shall not prevail.  

 

No comments: