Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Searching Savior


"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23,24).  "Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things" (Proverbs 28:5).  "Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto Me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts" (Zechariah 1:3).  "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). 

We have a Savior who will search
And try the hearts of all His own.
He is the Head of all His church,
And all our thoughts to Him are known. 

Though evil men don't understand
The judgment that they now deride,
God's moral absolutes demand  
That justice must be satisfied.

The heart of God that we discern
Within the Gospel we proclaim
Invites the lost to humbly turn
To call upon our Savior's name. 

O Lord our God, our searching Savior
Who came to seek and save the lost,
Though we did not deserve Your favor,
You died to pay our ransom's cost!  


No comments: