Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Melodious Meditation


"O LORD, how manifold are Thy works!  In wisdom hast Thou made them all: the earth is full of Thy riches... I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD" (Psalm 104:24,33,34).  "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth… Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly… in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord" (Colossians 3:2,16). 

The works of God in all creation
Declare the glory of our King
And sweetly fill our meditation
With awe and gladness as we sing.  

Yet all the riches in the earth
That magnify our great Creator
Are paled by the matchless worth
Of His salvation, so much greater! 

Our meditation all day long,
As we are thinking on His love,
Has thrilled us with salvation's song
And set our hearts on things above! 

O Lord, these hymns melodious,
With meditation on Your grace,
Now magnify Your love for us
As we delight in Your embrace. 


No comments: