Thursday, August 25, 2016

Soul's Satisfaction


"My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God… Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  And why art thou disquieted in me?  Hope thou in God… the LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life" (Psalm 42:2,5,8).  "A faithful messenger… refresheth the soul… As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country" (Proverbs 25:25).  "The goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance" (Romans 2:4).

The thirst of our soul is demanding
Refreshment that God alone gives.
When this is our clear understanding,
We go to our Savior who lives. 

In times when our soul is cast down
And water is nowhere in sight,
Though pastures once green have turned brown,
The Lord gives His song in the night. 

Let this bring refreshment of soul
And rid us of every distraction: 
Our Lord bids us drink to the full
And find in Him deep satisfaction. 

Our soul's satisfaction restored
With thirst-quenching waters now sent
Is found in Your goodness, O Lord,
That saves all of those who repent. 


No comments: