Monday, August 22, 2016

Sorrow of Silence


"I held my peace, even from good, and my sorrow was stirred.  My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue" (Psalm 39:2,3).  "Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:20-21).  "Be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me" (Acts 27:25). 

May God forbid that I should cease
To show His only saving way!    
How can I ever hold my peace
When souls are perishing today?

In silence is my sorrow stirred
To share the Gospel of salvation. 
The fire burns to preach the Word
That saves a soul from condemnation.

In Christ alone, the King of kings,
The humble sinner finds a Savior. 
The Word of God has wondrous things
To answer those who seek His favor. 

O Lord, the fire burns within,
Since I believe what You have spoken. 
Let sorrow end and joy begin
As silence, by Your Word, is broken.  


No comments: