Monday, August 08, 2016

David's Daily Delight


"David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him" (1 Samuel 18:14).  "Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me: for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day" (Psalm 25:5).  "Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at My gates, waiting at the posts of My doors" (Proverbs 8:34 ).  "[God] raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony… I have found David… a man after Mine own heart, which shall fulfill all My will" (Acts 13:22). 

The reason David was so wise
In every way that he behaved
Was that he daily fixed his eyes
And set his heart on God who saved.  

He waited on the Lord to lead
And teach him in each situation.
He knew that God would meet each need
And daily show him His salvation. 

There is a blessing God imparts
To those who seek Him in this way,
For God is looking for those hearts
That will pursue Him every day. 

As David daily took delight
In his pursuit, Lord, of Your will
With all his heart, and soul, and might,
May we be doing likewise still.  


No comments: