Thursday, August 18, 2016

Solace of my Soul


"Plead my cause, O LORD… Say unto my soul, I am thy Salvation… and my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long" (Psalm 35:1,3,28).  "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe… and there is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:10,24).  "The night following, the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of Me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome" (Acts 23:11).   

My heart rejoices as I've heard
The Lord say, "I am thy Salvation."
Where else but in God's precious Word
Can I receive such consolation? 

My soul is safe in His strong tower;
In Christ I've found my closest Friend. 
I'm trusting in His saving power,
And on His mercy I depend. 

The Lord stood by His servant Paul
With words of comfort and good cheer. 
The Lord was with Him through it all,
Reminding him that He was near. 

O Lord, Your comfort is so full
Of blessings flowing from Your grace!
You are the Solace of my soul
In every circumstance I face.  


No comments: