Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Faithful Favor


"By this I know that Thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.  And as for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face forever" (Psalm 41:11,12).  "Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place: for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24:15,16).  "I am ready to preach the Gospel… For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation" (Romans 1:15,16).

There is no triumph for our foes,
Though Satan's hosts are great in number. 
The reason (God Almighty knows)
Is that our Savior does not slumber. 

The Lord upholds us with His arm
In every circumstance and place.
He shelters us from every harm
And counsels us before His face. 

We stumble, yet we rise again
Because our Savior lifts us up. 
Why should we fear or falter when
His faithful favor fills our cup?

O Lord, how faithful is Your favor,
Which in Your Gospel is proclaimed!  
O grant us ready, bold behavior
To preach Your Gospel unashamed.  


No comments: