Sunday, August 14, 2016

Higher Hand


"The LORD therefore be Judge… and plead my cause, and deliver me out of thine hand" (1 Samuel 24:15).  "Into Thine hand I commit my spirit: Thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth… My times are in Thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies… Oh how great is Thy goodness, which Thou hast laid up for them that fear Thee" (Psalm 31:5,15,19).  "In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and His children shall have a place of refuge" (Proverbs 14:26). 

There is a hand that reaches down
From heaven's height to plead our cause,
Transcending every human crown
With holier and higher laws. 

Into this hand we now commit
Our souls redeemed by Christ our Savior. 
His sacrifice has made us fit
To be partakers of His favor. 

Our times are ever in His hand
In all the seasons that we live. 
All those who fear Him understand
The peace that Christ alone can give. 

Your higher hand is our defense,
O Lord, our Refuge ever near.    
We find in You our confidence
As we are walking in Your fear.  


No comments: