Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Horrible Pit vs. Heavenly Praise


"The LORD… brought me up also out of an horrible pit… and He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God" (Psalm 40:1-3).  "My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways.  For… a strange woman is a narrow pit" (Proverbs 23:26,27).  "The heart of this people is waxed gross [rendered callous], and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed, lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart" (Acts 28:27).

How great is the contrast so stark  
Between where I was and I am! 
I'm brought from the pit that was dark
And into the light of the Lamb. 

The Lord gave a new song of praise
And opened my eyes to observe
The mercy and truth of His ways
From which I am taught to not swerve. 

The sinners in darkness who sit
And harden their hearts like a stranger,
Content with this horrible pit,
Have never considered the danger. 

The horrible pit You replace
With heavenly praise that You give
Amazes me, Lord, with Your grace
And teaches me how I should live.  


No comments: