Thursday, August 11, 2016

Praise in Prison


"David… was sore afraid of… the king of Gath.  And he changed his behavior before them" (1 Samuel 21:12,13 ).  [Title: A Psalm of David, when he changed his behavior… and he departed]  "I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth… I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" (Psalm 34:1).   "At midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them" (Acts 16:25). 

When David chose to flee to Gath,
The enemy was drawing near,  
But God then saved him from their wrath
And rescued him from every fear. 

As David called upon the Lord,
His counsel came from God his Savior.
He put away Goliath's sword,
And changed before them his behavior. 

When trouble comes, it may seem strange
That God commands a song of praise,
But our behavior needs to change
To show His grace when one obeys. 

O Lord, when Paul and Silas sang
With praise in prison with their song,
We see the blessings then that sprang
Which You had purposed all along! 


No comments: