Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Supplication for Salvation


"Unto the LORD did I make my supplication… refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  I cried unto Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:1-5).  "As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God… which were born… of God… For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ… Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:12-29).

To God I made my supplication,
For no one else could save my soul. 
He gave His life for my salvation
And paid my penalty in full. 

How hopelessly I looked around
To find a refuge no one gave! 
At last I turned to God and found
His hand extended then to save. 

The moment I received Him then,
He gave to me a second birth.   
By grace and truth, I'm born again,  
For to this end, Christ came to earth. 

My supplication to You came,  
O Lord, in spite of who I am! 
Salvation then replaced my shame
Because You suffered as the Lamb. 


No comments: