Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Way of His Wings


"The LORD… [is] the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust" (Ruth 2:12).  "Lead me, O LORD… make Thy way straight before my face" (Psalm 5:8).  "The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil" (Proverbs 19:23).  "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me… Because I live, ye shall live also… My peace I give unto you… Let not your heart be troubled" (John 14:6,19,27). 

Beneath our Savior's healing wings,
There is no cause now for alarm.
We're trusting in the King of kings,
Who shelters us from every harm. 

His way is straight before our face
By which we're saved and satisfied,
For in His fear, we've found His grace
Where we forever shall abide. 

There is no other way but Christ,
Nor other truth, nor other life,
Nor other Hero sacrificed
Who rose triumphant in the strife.

O Lord, we've come to trust Your way
Beneath Your wings with peace You give,  
Rejoicing as we hear You say,
Because You live, we also live!  


No comments: