Thursday, July 07, 2016

Hearing the Hidden


"Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee" (Psalm 143:8).  "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up…  When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this unto them; and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had said" (John 2:19,22). 

The secrets of the Lord are heard
By those who will obey His voice,
Who meditate upon His Word
And in His fellowship rejoice. 

His lovingkindness in the morning
Is heard by those who pause to hear
His hidden wisdom and His warning,
As One who whispers in our ear. 

"Destroy this temple," Jesus said,
And He would "raise it up" again. 
When He was risen from the dead,
His servants understood it then. 

We thank You, Lord, that we are bidden
To hear the secrets of Your mind
As we are hearing things still hidden
From those who willfully are blind.  


No comments: