Sunday, July 03, 2016

Searching Simon


"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23,24).  "Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil" (Proverbs 3:7).  "The Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:  but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren" (Luke 22:31,32). 

The Lord has searched, and searches still,
Our hearts to show us our great need
To trust in Him, to do His will,  
And go wherever He will lead.

Our Savior knows that we are prone
To think that we ourselves are wise
Instead of trusting Him alone
Who searches us with holy eyes. 

We see our similarity
With Simon so self-confident. 
The Lord who searched him then could see
The day when Simon would repent. 

Like You were searching Simon then,
O Lord, examine us today,
That You may cleanse our hearts again
And lead us in Your perfect way! 


No comments: