Saturday, July 02, 2016

God of Gideon


"The LORD looked upon him [Gideon], and said, Go in this thy might… have not I sent thee?... Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man" (Judges 6:14-16).  "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me: Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me.  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me" (Psalm 138:7,8).  "The LORD… is a Buckler to them that walk uprightly" (Proverbs 2:6,7). 

The Lord would be with Gideon;
That's all this man would need to know. 
The battle surely would be won
Against a daunting, countless foe. 

The same may now be said of us
With all the ransomed who are God's. 
By grace we are victorious,
Regardless of the seeming odds. 

We have God's promise of protection
Against the strongest enemies,
As He has purposed our perfection,
And we are prospered on our knees. 

O God of Gideon's defense
And Buckler of our souls as well,
You are our only Confidence,
Since You have rescued us from hell.  


No comments: