Saturday, July 23, 2016

Works are Weighed


"There is none holy as the LORD… for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed" (1 Samuel 2:2,3).  "I will show forth all Thy marvelous works… For Thou hast maintained my right and my cause; Thou satest in the throne judging right" (Psalm 9:1,4).  "My son… let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).  "Jesus…knowing all things that should come upon Him, went forth… Then said Jesus… the cup which My Father hath given Me, shall I not drink it?" (John 18:4,11). 

There's no one holy as the Lord;
By Him our actions have been weighed. 
Our works before Him are explored,
And every thought has been displayed. 

The works of God are marvelous
By which He makes salvation known. 
He weighed the cost to ransom us
And sent redemption from His throne. 

O may our eyes observe His ways,
When He went forth on our behalf! 
So let our hearts o'erflow with praise,
And lesser works be weighed as chaff. 

O Lord, You've changed the way we think
When works are weighed by Your salvation,   
For none but You that cup would drink
To save our souls from condemnation!  


No comments: