Friday, April 11, 2014

Weeping and Winning


“Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: Thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto Thee forever” (Psalm 30:11,12).  “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise” (Proverbs 11:30).  “The sower soweth the Word... Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed?  And not to be set on a candlestick?” (Mark 4:14,21). 

The Lord has turned my heart of weeping
To springs of everlasting joy. 
I hold the promises He’s keeping
Which none can steal or destroy. 

The Lord with gladness girds my soul
And fills my heart with songs of praise. 
The treasures of His truth are full
Throughout His Word which He displays. 

Yet weeping rightly has a place
For precious souls we would be winning. 
They are not sheltered by God’s grace;
In darkness they continue sinning.  

The Lord has called us to be wise,
To sow the truth with sympathy,  
To pray that He will open eyes,
And show the truth that makes us free. 

The age in which we will live is dark;
The Gospel gives illumination
To show that Christ, like Noah’s ark,
Affords a Refuge of salvation.  

Lord, thank you for Your great compassion
Which brought You down to earth with tears. 
This earth is passing with its fashion,
But You change not throughout the years.   

Lord, help us fix our eyes on You
And set our hope on things above  
As we are weeping, as You do,  
And winning souls You draw with love.


No comments: