Sunday, April 20, 2014

Hero from Heaven


“The LORD your God, He shall fight for you” (Deuteronomy 3:22).  “LORD, make me to know... how frail I am.  And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in Thee” (Psalm 39:,47).  “Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?” (Proverbs 20:9).  “Then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory… Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away” (Mark 13:31). 

There was a fight I could not win,
But Someone stood up in my place. 
He came to take away my sin
And fought to save me by His grace. 

My days are short; my life is frail;
The Lord has surely made this known,
But Jesus Christ shall never fail,
And so I trust in Him alone.  

No one can say, by his endeavor,
That he has made his own heart clean. 
My sin is purged by Christ forever,
In Him I hope; on Him I lean.  

We’re drawing closer to the hour
When Christ shall come again to earth.
He’ll come with glory and with power,
Unlike His former, humble birth. 

The Lord has surely demonstrated
That we can trust each word He’s said. 
In three days He would rise, He stated:
Behold Him risen from the dead! 

Though earth and heaven pass away,
O Lord, Your promises remain. 
Your faithfulness is on display,
All other hope on earth is vain. 

O Lord, our Hero from above
Who saved us at so great a cost,
We preach the Gospel of Your love
That You may thereby win the lost!  


No comments: