Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How Pleasant is His Pleading!


“Plead my cause, O LORD… fight against them that fight against me… Say unto my soul, I am thy Salvation… All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto Thee?” (Psalm 35:1-10).  “By mercy and truth iniquity is purged… Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones” (Proverb 16:6,24).  “This is my beloved Son: hear Him… The Son of Man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill Him; and after that He is killed, He shall rise the third day” (Mark 9:7,31). 

I hear my Savior plead my cause: 
He points to His amazing grace! 
In His defense there are no flaws;
How pleasantly He makes His case! 

Accusers stand on every side! 
The list is long with sinful deeds,
But Christ for me was crucified;
How pleasantly for me He pleads!

My Savior stands in my defense:
He shows His hands, His side, His feet. 
I need no other confidence: 
His case to save me is complete! 

He tells me as He draws me near
That He alone is my Salvation. 
That’s all I really need to hear;
There is no fear of condemnation! 

He speaks to me about His plan:
By grace and truth He purged my sins. 
For this cause He became a Man,
And every case He pleads, He wins! 

How deeply now creation groans
Beneath the curse of sin and shame! 
In spite of this, now all my bones
Rejoice to praise my Savior’s name! 

The Father speaks about His Son:
“Hear Him” in whom is His delight!
Upon the cross He fought and won:
No foe was left to stand and fight! 

Our Savior said what He would do:
He would be slain by sinful men,
And then He gave this promise too: 
In three days He would rise again!

For me there surely was no way
To satisfy God’s holy law!
Behold the price He had to pay;
Behold, my soul, and stand in awe! 

O Lord, You’re speaking to my soul
With comfort no one else can give!  
The joy and peace You give are full:
Because You live, I also live!

Until the day You call me home,
Lord, teach me how to plead each day
With pleasant words, like honeycomb,
To show that You're the only Way. 


No comments: