Friday, April 18, 2014

Directed by Desire


“Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart” (Psalm 37:4).  “Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.  A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself… The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe” (Proverbs 18:1,2,10).  “Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God” (Mark 11:22). 

There was a hunger in my heart
That only God could satisfy.
I sensed there was a “missing part”
Which must be found before I die. 

The Lord implanted this desire,
That I might thereby seek His face. 
It burned within me like a fire,
To light the way to saving grace. 

Desire turned to desperation
Directing me to seek the Lord. 
This longing caused a separation
From those by whom it was ignored. 

My friends, it seemed, could not care less
What happens in eternity. 
I sought the Lord in my distress;
He saved my soul and made me free!  

I turned again back to my friends,
To show the evidence was there  
Declaring how the future ends;
In spite of this, they didn’t care! 

I thank the Lord that there are some
Who hunger for the truth as well,
Who hear the Gospel and will come
To Christ who saves our soul from hell. 

How strange is apathy this hour
In view of prophecy’s perfection,
As Christ extends His saving power
And proves it by His resurrection!

His work upon the cross is done,
A tower saving those within!
The Lord is calling souls to run
And find their refuge there from sin!

Eternity is very long. 
Such unbelief is surely odd!    
Delusion is so very strong
That turns the soul from faith in God! 

Lord, thank You for Your wondrous love
With Your desire for our soul
By which You left Your throne above
And paid the sinner’s debt in full. 

Until we’re gathered at Your throne,
Lord, send us forth to souls, we pray,
To make Your great desire known
Directing them to You today! 


No comments: