Monday, April 14, 2014

Hearing His Heart


“The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to naught: He maketh the devices of the people of none effect.  The counsel of the LORD standeth forever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations… Our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name” (Psalm 33:10,11,21).  “In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and His children shall have a place of refuge” (Proverbs 14:26).  “He hath done all things well: He maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak” (Mark 7:37). 

The counsel of the Lord shall stand
When earthly kingdoms turn to dust. 
He shows me what His heart has planned,
And therein I can safely trust. 

How wondrous is this revelation,
As in God’s Word I hear His thought,
Preserved through every generation
When earthly edicts come to naught. 

The thoughts of God are great in scope,
Which break through barriers of time. 
My heart is resting in the hope
Of His prophetic Word sublime.   

In Christ is all my confidence!  
I’m trusting in His holy name,
Since He became my soul’s Defense
To bear away my sin and shame! 

He taught me by His fear to seek
In earnest for a Hiding Place. 
How clearly did His Gospel speak
To show the Refuge of His grace.

Lord Jesus, You’ve done all things well! 
You called to me, and I have heard. 
You died to ransom me from hell;
You rose according to Your Word! 

You gave me, Lord, a hearing ear,
And loosed my muted tongue to pray.  
You taught my heart to wisely fear
And saved me on that happy day!

Lord, I recall Your words of love
That rescued me when I was younger,
And still You’re speaking from above
To satisfy the souls that hunger. 

Lord, as I listen to Your heart,
And daily You convey Your will,
I pray for wisdom to impart
The power of Your Gospel still.  


No comments: