Saturday, February 01, 2014

Spirit Spoken


“Thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the Spirit of wisdom” (Exodus 28:3).  “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” (Psalm 119:105).  “Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you” (Proverbs 1:23).  “Ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit… by the Word of God… And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you” (1 Peter 1:22-25). 

We speak to those who are wise hearted,
And others also who are not. 
The wisdom by the Lord imparted
Is always by His Spirit taught. 

The Spirit of the Lord has spoken:
Though some have willfully ignored,
He speaks to those whose hearts are broken
And ready to receive the Lord.

The Gospel to the lost has shined,
To whom the Spirit has been sent. 
Though some will harden still their mind,
His Word draws many to repent.

His Word is both a lamp and light
To guide our feet and light our way. 
We turn not to the left or right
As, through His Spirit, we obey.

God’s Spirit purges us within
And by His Word He gives us vision  
To turn us from the path of sin
And lead us in His great commission. 

O Lord, we are ambassadors
Which You commissioned by Your Spirit,
To preach at home or distant shores
Your truth to those who yet will hear it.

Lord, thank You for Your wondrous love
And for Your Spirit now indwelling
Who speaks to us of things above:
This is the Gospel we are telling!  


No comments: