Friday, February 28, 2014

Future Fame


“I will…  praise thy name for Thy lovingkindness and for Thy truth: for Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name.  In the day when I cried Thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.… Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me: Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me.  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth forever” (Psalm 138:2-8). 

We praise our Savior’s reputation:   
As Scripture promised, Jesus came
And gave His life for our salvation,
Thus adding glory to His name. 

Our great Creator, God the Son,
Who made the heavens and the earth,
Was faithful as God’s Holy One,
To come to us in lowly birth. 

We praise the Lord for what He did,
Yet by His Word, we don’t stop there,
For future fame has not been hid,
So things to come we now declare! 

So God has magnified His Word,
Declaring things He yet will do,
And we delight in what we’ve heard,
Assured that every word is true. 

Now as we praise His name today
For all He’s done throughout the past,
The Word of God has made a way
To see His future fame at last. 

We see it in the great events
Foretold to us in prophecy;
And thus we say with confidence:  
As He has said, so shall it be. 

The Lord who heard my cry in youth
And saved my soul with wondrous grace,
Assures me by His Word of truth,
That I shall see Him face to face. 

This is the very principle
That helps me now to understand,
That God will yet perfect my soul,
And none shall pluck me from His hand. 

Your future fame, O Lord, foreknown
Along with all the past combined,
Has thrilled our hearts by what You’ve shown
With all the glory there we find! 

Lord, send us to declare the news
Of future fame You’ve magnified,
So those who trust Your Word will choose
To flee from wrath and in You hide.  


No comments: