Friday, May 17, 2013

Patient Perspective

“They continually say unto me, ‘Where is thy God?’... Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  And why art thou disquieted within me?  Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the Health of my countenance, and my God” (Psalm 42:11).  “My people have forgotten Me days without number” (Jeremiah 2:32).  “Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh” (James 5:8). 
 
Be patient, my soul, and be never cast down,
Though many are questioning, “Where is your God?”
Remember, my soul, Who is wearing the crown,
And He guides your steps with His staff and His rod. 
 
Now why would you listen to those who are lost
Instead of Your Lord who alone makes you whole? 
Praise God who considered your life worth the cost
The price which He paid when He ransomed your soul!
 
How great is the folly that makes us forget
That God is the Source of our true satisfaction!
In all of our trials, there’s no cause to fret: 
Hope rather in God, and be done with distraction!
 
Be patient, therefore, and establish your vision: 
The day of our Savior’s returning draws near. 
Though others forget Him and mock with derision,
Behold, He is coming!  His promise is clear!
 
O Lord, we give thanks for Your patience and love
As daily You prompt us to trust You alone
And set our affection on things up above
And find grace to help as we come to Your throne.
 
The day is approaching when You shall return;
Lord, purify us with this patient perspective.
Let this be our comfort, our greatest concern,   
Our noblest ambition, and highest objective.  
 
 

No comments: