Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Musing on Me

“Many, O LORD my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward; they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; Mine ears hast Thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required.   Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of Me, I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart… But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me” (Psalm 40:5-17). 

Consider the thoughts of our God upon us
Which cannot be counted or fully conveyed,
For they are too many and too marvelous,
Too deep to be measured, too great to be weighed!

The thoughts of our Savior that He will reveal
Are found in His Gospel in which He is pleased
To show us His plan of salvation to heal
The sinful condition of souls so diseased.

Our Savior has shown us what we need to know;
The rest of His thoughts are too large to take in!
Praise God that it pleased Him to graciously show
The manner in which He would save us from sin!

We see in Psalm Forty this marvelous theme:
That shadows portraying our Lord sacrificed
In animals slain couldn’t ever redeem
The souls which could only be ransomed by Christ! 

O praise Him, my soul!  He was thinking on me!
Before I was born I was loved in His sight! 
In prophecy’s pages I clearly can see
The price He would pay to fulfill His delight.

O Lord, we’re astonished as You have made plain
That we are the objects of Your perfect love! 
You mused upon us when for us You were slain,
And think on us still, interceding above.


No comments: