Friday, May 10, 2013

Robed in His Righteousness

“Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation… And my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long” (Psalm 35:3,28).  “Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death” (Proverbs 10:2).  “I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation; He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness” (Isaiah 61:10).  “Noah, being warned of God… prepared an ark to the saving of his house… and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith” (Hebrews 11:7). 

How kind is my Lord’s affirmation;
How good is His word in my ear: 
He’s saying, “I am Thy Salvation.”
That’s all that I needed to hear! 

I’ll speak of His praise all day long;
His righteousness only make known.
I’ll magnify Him with my song
And give Him the glory alone.

How worthless are treasures on earth
To souls that are never redeemed!
How great is God’s righteousness worth,
Which fools have so lightly esteemed!

Behold now these garments He gave,
Exchanged for the rags of our shame:
His righteousness only can save,
And that’s why our Lord Jesus came!

How great is our reason for gladness:
We’re clothed in our Lord’s own perfection!
Depriving the grave of its sadness,
He points us to our resurrection!

As Noah found grace in God’s eyes
When he was preparing the ark,
We’re pleading with souls to be wise:
There’s no hiding place in the dark!

We thank You, O Lord, for Your grace
With righteousness that You would win
In order to justly replace
Our garments so soiled with sin!


No comments: