Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Victorious Vows

“In God will I praise His Word: in the LORD will I praise His Word.  In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.  THY vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto Thee.  For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” (Psalm 56:10-13). 

A vow is a promise that’s solemnly made
To carry out something as best as one can,
So as we trust God we should not be afraid,
For God will fulfill every promise to man.

The vows of the Lord in His Word are unveiled,
And thus we may trust all His promises there.
His vows are victorious!  Not one of them failed,
And thus we may cast on our Lord every care.

The Lord has performed all He promised to do,
Redeeming our souls from eternity’s hell.
It’s only consistent to count the Lord true
And trust in His vow to preserve us as well.

The vows of our Savior have made us victorious,
For we are, in Christ, more than conquerors now.
How faithful His love is!  His Gospel is glorious
Which promises rest with the strength of His vow.

O Lord, we rejoice in the Word of Your grace
That promises we shall be with You above!
For now we see dimly, but then face to face:
How great are the vows of Your infinite love!

No comments: