Friday, December 28, 2012

Savior in the Sanctuary

(Celebrating my Born Again Birthday!  December 28, 1973)

“I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I… Thou hast holden me by my right hand.  Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.  Whom have I in heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee... It is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD” (Psalm 73:17-28). “They that seek the LORD understand all things” (Proverbs 28:5).  “Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me” (John 14:6). 

There was time when I was lost,  
And all my friends were lost as well!
Yet no one cared to count the cost
Of an eternity in hell.

It was my burden thus to carry
With no one else to lend a hand
Until within the sanctuary
The Savior made me understand.

There was no other place to go,
There was no one who cared to hear,
And no one then who sought to know
The truth eternity brought near.

How gracious was my Savior then 
Who patiently had drawn me thus
Into His sanctuary when
There was no other I could trust!

He lifted me with saving love,
And held me by my hand that day.
He heard my prayer to Him above,
And all my sins were washed away!

He is the Way, the Truth, the Life;
There is no other one but Christ
Who for us fought the mortal strife
And for our souls was sacrificed!

O Lord, I do indeed recall
The day You gave me Your salvation.
From which I know I cannot fall,
For in You there’s no separation!

Lord, thank for Your love and light
Which led me to this happy place
Wherein I have received my sight:
The sanctuary of Your grace.

No comments: