Thursday, November 17, 2022

Day one Dies

Read:  Psalm 71 / Proverbs 17 / Hosea 5 / Hebrews 9

 

Psalm 71:18 ~ Now also when I am old and gray-headed, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to everyone that is to come.

Proverbs 17:6 ~ Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

Hosea 5:4 ~ They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God… and they have not known the LORD.

Hebrews 9:27,28 ~ And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

 

My head is gray and I am old,

But God upholds me with salvation

So that the Gospel may be told

While I may reach this generation.

 

Though truth may be suppressed by lies

By those who yet reject the Lord,

The day draws near when each one dies

And judgment cannot be ignored. 

 


No comments: