Monday, November 14, 2022

Cause for Consolation

Read:  Psalm 68 / Proverbs 14 / Hosea 2 / Hebrews 6

 

Psalm 68:19,20 ~ Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation… and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death.

Proverbs 14:27 ~ The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Hosea 2:23 ~ And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Hebrews 6:18,19 ~ It was impossible for God to lie; we… have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us… as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast…which entereth into that within the veil.

 

The benefits of our salvation

Are daily piled like a mountain

Which give us cause for consolation

With joy that rises like a fountain. 

 

For we who hopelessly were lost

Are now God’s people by His grace,

For Jesus paid redemption’s cost

And made Himself our Hiding Place! 

 


No comments: