Sunday, May 08, 2022

Selfless Savior

Read:  Psalm 49 / Proverbs 8 / Song 3 / Matthew 20

 

Psalm 49:7 ~ None… can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him… But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me.

Proverbs 8:35 ~ For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD.

Song of Solomon 3:4 ~ I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go.

Matthew 20:28 ~ The Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

 

I have no cause to fear the grave

For I have been redeemed by Christ.

How selflessly He came to save

My soul when He was sacrificed! 

 

I sought Him in my deep distress

And found that He had sought me first.

He gave Himself!  What selflessness!

It was for me that He was cursed. 

 


No comments: