Thursday, May 05, 2022

Staying in Stillness

Read:  Psalm 46 / Proverbs 5 / Eccles. 12 / Matthew 17

 

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Proverbs 5:1 ~ My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 ~ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Matthew 17:5,8 ~ A voice out of the cloud… said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him… When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only. 

 

The Lord commands us to be still,

And in that stillness we should stay

Attentive always to His will

And ready always to obey.

 

In stillness we shall find our duty

By fearing God who guides our choice.

In stillness we behold His beauty

As we delight to hear His voice. 

 


No comments: