Friday, December 10, 2021

Steadfast Steward

Read:  Psalm 71 / Proverbs 10 / 1 Chron. 6 / Romans 14

 

Psalm 71:17,18 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth…  Now also when I am old and gray-headed, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation.

Proverbs 10:5 He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.

1 Chronicles 6:3 The sons also of Aaron; Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.

Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

 

The Lord has taught me from my youth

And also now that I am old.  

I am a steward of His truth;

I would be faithful and be bold. 

 

Of Aaron’s sons, the elder two

Were found unfaithful, to their shame.

A steadfast steward must be true

To glorify our Savior’s name. 



No comments: