Thursday, December 23, 2021

Remedy of Remembrance

Read:  Psalm 84 / Proverbs 23 / 1 Chronicles 19 / 1 Corinthians 11

 

Psalm 84:3 ~ Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.

Proverbs 23:26 ~ My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

1 Chronicles 19:13 ~ Be of good courage… behave ourselves valiantly… let the LORD do that which is good in his sight.

1 Corinthians 11:26 ~ For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

 

The lonely sparrow finds her rest

In altars typifying Christ.

The swallow makes her young a nest

Where Christ, in type, was sacrificed. 

 

O what a remedy we find

In the remembrance of our Lord!

His altars sweetly call to mind

His love we scarcely have explored. 

 


No comments: